Thanksgiving. The day to eat lots of turkey and the fixins, but most of all, and most importantly --- Be thankful for what you have and even what you don't have (some things are better not said). If you are reading this -- you have sight. And I must say a computer, certainly not at the top of my list to be thankful for. I thought about listing things I am thankful for but blog sites will probably only allow so much and your eyes can only read so much at one time. But I am thankful for so much .....and maybe this is just about the amount of one rose petal (icing) off the cake ...
1. That I have a loving Father that does exactly that, loves me no matter what
2. That I live in a free country
3. FAMILY and friends
4. That I have a job that I truly like and enjoy
5. I am never left out in the cold -- I have what I need to sustain life - house, water, clothes, etc
Well, you know the routine.... the first thing I do every morning when I am waking up and even before I open my eyes is to thank the Lord for another night and beginning another day.
I am THANKFUL.
The only negative thing for me about Thanksgiving is it makes me miss my Daddy even more. He loved Thanksgiving, his favorite holiday, even better than his birthday. No gifts, no pretense. Just togetherness with family. This one is for you Daddy.
Until next time . . . . . God always gives to those who leave the choice with him.
June 5-11
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment