So, Saturday morning about 2:30 Pam, Troy, Kyle and Garrett arrive at my house. Then about 10:00 Liz, Laff and Susan arrive. Then L, L, S, K and G leave for Washington, DC! I cook dinner for Emily, Pam, Troy, Norman Sr and Norman Jr. And do this while I am not feeling well --- sore throat, low grade fever ---really think I am just tired. Sunday morning get up, get Emily up in time to get to church in Centerville, do breakfast, I try to get a shower for church but don't seem to have the energy. Temperature 101.8 --- fever and chills. Throat much worse. Pam and Troy leave to visit with her mother for the day. I do nothing all day. Monday I feel much better, Emily gets her day --her birthday. Pam and I stop by Em's house to get her and then we go for the facials, that was fun and then to Mimi's Cafe for lunch -- delicious. Back to Franklin. We leave Pam with Troy so they can head back to Columbus.
Emily and I go to Amanda and Jesse Pilkinton's to see their house and children, Will and Caroline. Jennifer Marlin is there also so we take her wedding gift to her. This was a great afternoon to visit with them. Will and Caroline are so cute. Amanda and Jennifer are so sweet, they are almost like my nieces also.
Of course we talked to the DC gang several times during the day. They were having a great time.
Today I feel lousy --- I am at work, lunch right now. As soon as I finish up a few things I think I am going home. Probably just allergies, but I just feel terrible. Enough of that.
Until next time. . . . .we need four hugs a day for survival. We need eight hugs a day for maintenance. We need twelve hugs a day for growth. Give someone a hug and make it count.
June 5-11
10 years ago
My goodness! No wonder you are not feeling well...that was a non-stop weekend. Sounds like it was lots of fun, but sorry you got sick. I hope you feel better...consider yourself hugged from me!
ReplyDelete