Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Someone Special



This is someone special to me but it took me a long time to realize that. This is my brother-in-law, Lafayette -- Laff to us. My sister, Liz, and Laff have been married for thirty years (last week). This man would do anything for me -- complain about it, but would do it. But for ten years I was mad at him, almost despised him. Why? Because he took away my best friend. Yes she was only about an hour and fifteen minutes away. But I was used to her being in the next room. He was special to my parents also. They adored him. And he loved them I think as much as his own parents. He was not a member of the church when he and Liz married and I really thought that would both her more than it did. He always went to church with Liz and soon become very involved as a member. He is now an Elder at Fairfield Church of Christ in Centerville. Every Sunday morning he calls around to his usual people to see how they are doing, encouraging them, whatever their needs may be. He also will call me, Emily and Susan to make sure we are up and ready for church. He is a football coach, football fanatic (Roll Tide), hunter and fisher (is that a word) and someone who would give you the shirt off his back. He works the farm for his parents who are not able and sometimes does not get anything out of it, but that is not why he is doing it. He does buy my dinner occasionally. We haven't always seen eye to eye but we know that from the start. He says I am crazy and I say he is crazier. He is first a Christian, a son, a brother, a husband, a father (to my wonderful nieces - Emily and Susan), and someone I am proud to call my brother-in-law.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment