Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday fish fry, spoons, cards, good times.....


Spoons, just spoons. But not for eating last Saturday night --- but for playing SPOONS!!!! And some people really get into this game. If you have a shoulder problem -- do not play with Kyle and Garrett.





Kyle and Garrett had been here for about ten days and Pam and Troy came to get them so we all met at Liz's for a fish fry. Thanks Laff. Susan had taught the boys had to play spoons so of course we had to play!! But a 15 and 10 year old can get a bit rough in the action and they also learned to "scatter" the spoons.



Garrett is pointing at Norman and Kyle -- he must think they did something wrong.






I thought Kyle needed a haircut--
Emily thought he needed to shave.
She even bought him a razor! He is 15 and will be a sophomore. Norman told him he had to shave in the 8th grade.





Garrett is 10 -- soon to be 11!! They soon finished the game of spoons and started playing Rummy. Garrett is quite the little Rummy player. My father (who Garrett is named for--they never met, however) loved to play Rummy. He would have enjoyed a game with Garrett I know. He and Kyle used to play checkers.
Garrett could not shuffle the cards (neither can I) but he worked hard on it and soon had managed the task. He just really got his arms and tongue in some arwward positions.

We all had a good time and will look forward to our next visit --whether it will be it Tennessee or Ohio.


Until next time . . . . . Enjoy the simple things.



1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun. I LOVE LOVE LOVE playing games. I was a big spades player. Ever play spades?

    ReplyDelete