Long time no blog --- so much going on in my head.
May 1 and May 2 middle Tennesse hit by heavy rains and flooding -- flood of the century. Loss of lives, homes, land.
Yesterday was Mother's Day and I still miss my Mother after eight years. I know so many that this was their first Mother's Day without their Mother and they were certainly in my prayers.
I am now working two jobs --- not as easy as when I was in my twenties, thirties and even forties. But we do what we have to do. It won't happen overnight (the financial bind) but it will certainly help to get to that time when things will be right again. No trip to NY as planned in December. But hopefully a trip to Chicago in the spring. Patience is not one of my virtures.
It was good to be back at Southern Hills yesterday after attending Crieve Hall last week with Uncle Benton after his surgeries.
Southern Hills, yes. Going home.
After attending Millview for so many years (even as a child) I used to think there could be no place like it. It is still a great congregation. But making the decision to change almost four years ago was still the best thing I ever did for me. Many times over I have thankful for this change.
More to come later . . . . .
Until next time ... Life isn't always what we want, but it's what we got. so, with God's help, choose to be joyful.
June 5-11
10 years ago
We were so excited to see you yesterday!! We Love You!
ReplyDeleteYour mom was a sweetheart. She would be so proud of you Gayle and the fine Christian lady you have become. Southern Hills has been a great fit, hasn't it... Love you girl, Juls
ReplyDelete