Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday's thoughts

I just read this on my calendar.......

Our lives seem to be controlled by whatever blow hits us next, sending us from headache to heartache to horror story. But we can choose how we respond emotionally. We can choose to hold on to the ONE who promises never to leave us.

Amen. Count your blessings. I just did.

Let me tell a little story that happened last week on Thursday. I was in Kroger checking out, the young clerk was just talking about what a bad day it had been -- she was suppose to have been off an hour ago, she had lost her car key unless it was still in her car, it was raining, she had to work Saturday night and wanted off, and on and on. Pleasant but talkative. I just listened and "yes and "oh". Then she stopped and said so what are your plans for the weekend? (in the same ho-hum tone).
I said I will be at the funeral home Friday and Saturday due to a death in the family. Bless her heart --- she went pale. She started apologizing about going on and on about nothing. I told her that was okay, we all have to vent some times and there is always someone out there going through something worse than we are at that time AND that I was very blessed to have an aunt like I did and she was in a much better place than she and I were at that time.
I then move on out to the parking lot in the pouring rain, and I mean pouring. I was putting my groceries in the car and just looking around saw elderly trying to get in/out. Moms with small children struggling to get them in from the rain... on and on.
Count your blessings. I just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment